2006-03-19

escape

I have left the Indooroopilly place for Corinda. I remember Jenny wrote in her blog that she should not have stayed
with Indra for so long. But I can't remember what the problems she had with Indra were, exactly. And probably neither can she ;) One thing I remember clearly is that Indra complained her showers were too long. But the graph shows Indra was right! Dam levels in Brisbane have been dropping continuously since March 2004 - we have a problem here! Another problem was Indra would make phone calls from 7 in the morning after Jenny came home from night shift at Ginga. And Indra complained once she had left two lights on at once for some small period of time, and Indra had forbidden guests except for Midori one time. I think that was it, was it? She was just too picky about small things?


First impressions count, it's true. I stayed too long at F's place, I had too much inertia... I should note any signs O gives me quickly. I guess I should have noticed immediately that there was no way it could be F's house - very few people can afford that sort of place at 27 and he had not been working. People who get given expensive houses by their parents tend to be spoilt by the experience, I would say. I'm actually glad my parents would not buy me a car, like my boss did for his son. Next problem was that F forbade his tenants to ever have people stay over - while his girlfriend was living there! (and just what was his problem with people staying over anyway?) And she was forbidden to talk to the tenants... And when he placed the ad after my flatmate M left, he wrote that it was just 2 males and no females - like she didn't exist. No parties allowed, except he had one himself recently. And the time he interviewed 14 prospective flatmates but said there was no-one suitable. The times he lied to me about the reason for wanting me out, and that he had someone to come in after me. Why did I put up with it for so long? Some inertia problem! That's the last thing I wrote on my old blog too (uh oh!) -- why did I put up with low pay in Iran for so long? Hmmmm.


So, the first things I have noticed when I have turned up on Saturdays at O's place - he plays music a lot in the living room, he is pretty relaxed about security (I should insure my notebook!), and he hasn't written me a receipt yet for the first two weeks' rent - well, I haven't given him any bond yet either. There probably is none, but we haven't really discussed it. I hope not discussing things works well, because we are similar enough ;) I hope I get the receipt today. He was going to a dinner party last night in New Farm and remarked that he should have bought a unit in New Farm, Fortitude Valley, or Teneriffe ("really the same suburb" he said) because all his friends live there. This could be because he used to live there, or it could be because all his friends are gay. It would be good for me to have good friends in about the same proportion as in the population, though, wouldn't it? That is, half female, half male, about 2% gay. And would be good to have uncommitted, unmarried, single, straight male friends. But I think the straight male world of Australia doesn't work like that - I would need to join an organised team or group or something. I don't have so many one-on-one friendships with unattached straight males -- perhaps at my age they are usually attached somehow? Or if they are not attached, there's something wrong with them? I don't know... am I missing out on something in life by not having enough of these kinds of relationships? Perhaps just by reading Jenny's blog I got the impression she had no problem with having lots of single straight female friends. Or I am just worried I am becoming a fag stag or about something I read in a book about love and shyness.


I lost horribly at chess on Thursday night after my opponent gave a piece away in the first 5 moves. Unbelieveable. Cost $100 in a rating group prize too. Oh well. Perhaps I should go back to the trivia night instead.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 27, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Indra (Sri Lankan version of Keiko:)) wanted everything done in her way.
I think it would be better for her to live with a kid so she can discipline the kid the way she wants.

Once I read an article about the connection between bedbugs and making the bed.
It said "Making the bed is not good against bedbugs because there is moist in the bed sheets after you sleep on them and air cannot come through."
So I didn't make my bed one morning.
But after I came home from school, I saw my bed made.
Indra said it is rude not to make the bed.
Without a doubt, it is none of her business as the bed was in my room.

Also, she often used to come to my room when I was not home and took some clothes hangers without saying anything to me.
Although it was hers, I think she should have told me after or before taking them.

I admit my showers were relatively long and frequent than Indra's.
But what Indra told me about the water shortage of QLD didn't really come from her concern about it.
It was rather her concern about the money which she had to pay for.
BTW, why am I making a list of the things I didn't like about Indra?
It would be much better for my mental health to write about the things I liked about living with Meg!:)

A relationship is something you can't control.
In Australia I met more people by accident and became friends with them.:)
But it's not like that in Korea.
Most of my friends are from school.
I've been friends with Songi since I was 9 years old.
But as an adult, I feel it is much more difficult to make a good friend because people are shrewd enough and they (including me) think about the benefits first that they can get by being friends.
From 27 years of experience in life, I think the chances of making good and reliable friends depend a lot on your fortune as well as your efforts.
So don't think too much about who you are.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home