2006-06-05

film scanner

The Coolscan arrived! I have only scanned in three shots so far, but the results are good - much better than a flatbed scanner would do, I think. Thanks Beards & Hats Photo! The first photo I scanned is of Herculaneum near Naples in Italy... compare it to the scanned photo.




And of course the next two I scanned were of cute girls. When I taught English in Tehran I insisted that my class consisted only of pretty girls in their 20s. I sort of wish I were back there, but I was only being paid $6/hour or something...




1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

[Oddur]
' See for yourself':
The resolution of the scanned negative shows itself as superior to the scanned print. However the colour balance of Herculaneum scanned from print looks more natural.
Also the negative scan shows dark borders on the edges.
Perhaps software can correct these minor flaws?
It is otherwise a superb photo and well composed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home