2006-08-01

buses

Brisbane City Council (Bus Complaints)
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001

Dear Sir/Madam

Today, the 1st of August, 2006, I arrived at the bus stop next to Indooroopilly Station (Stop 35, 30 Lambert Road approaching Central Avenue) at 8:04am, intending to catch a bus to the University of Queensland, St Lucia. In the next twenty-three minutes, four buses, apparently full, went past – a 432 at 8:06am, a 432 at 8:08am, a 427 at 8:12am, and a 427 at 8:25am. Finally I caught a 428 at 8:27am arriving at UQ at 8:46am.

I think the council has probably known about these problems for a very long time, since I have seen BCC employees counting passengers stationed at this bus stop many times. A friend of mine, Ken Gray, who rarely commutes via bus, commented that he had complained about the problem as long ago as 1990. But the problem of a lack of buses along this route has reached a new peak of ridiculousness recently. I should have written earlier about these problems but today was just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I would appreciate it if you would note the extreme problems here and if you would send a reply consisting of something other than platitudes and vague promises. A solution needs to be implemented as a matter of great urgency, otherwise it makes more sense for me and everyone else to catch a taxi or drive. (Alternatively, you may be able to advise me that fewer problems occur along the route from Toowong to UQ.)



(Attached for your reference: picture of line at bus stop at 8:25am today with annoyed commuters stretching out to the corner of Clarence Road and Lambert Road).

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:54:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I can easily picture you being annoyed about this!:)Is it common for Aussie people to write this kind of complaint?

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:20:00 AM, Blogger ahuramazda said...

I don't know whether it's common. I suspect that it's not, otherwise the problem might be solved faster - for example see this article about the shortage of buses. The incumbent party blames the party that was previously in power, which is not very productive. I am pretty sure that higher-up people in the BCC and government don't use public transport.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home